Yield: serves 2
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Zero Acre oil, divided
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- 1 cup orzo, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 tray of arugula microgreens from your Fieldhouse
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Make the breadcrumb topping: heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add 2 tbsp Zero Acre oil, then add the panko breadcrumbs and 1/2 tsp salt. Toast the breadcrumbs, stirring almost constantly, until they are golden brown and fragrant. Turn off heat and stir in the minced chives. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: to a small bowl, add 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp salt. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup Zero Acre oil until fully combined. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl, toss together the orzo, microgreens, shallot, cherry tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, and shaved parmesan. Add in desired amount of dressing and toss to fully coat. Serve and top each serving with a generous sprinkle of breadcrumb topping. Enjoy!