Yield: serves 2-4
Time: 30 minutes
Arugula Microgreen Pesto
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 oz aged sharp white cheddar, cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon - zest & juice
- 1 cup arugula microgreens (about ½ Fieldhouse grow tray)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz mini gnocchi, cooked according to package instructions
- shaved parmesan, for topping
- Start by making your pesto - add olive oil and garlic cloves to a mini food processor and blend until combined. Add the toasted pine nuts, cheddar cubes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon zest and blend until combined. Add in the your arugula microgreens and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To a medium pan, add olive oil. Once hot, add in sliced mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes or until they have started to brown.
- Remove pan from heat and add in your cooked mini gnocchi and top with arugula microgreens pesto. Stir to combine.
- Before serving, top each bowl with extra toasted pine nuts, shaved parmesan, and arugula microgreens. Enjoy!