Yield: Serves 2-4
Time: 20 minutes
For the Pancakes
- 1 harvest Leath pea shoots
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup flour of choice (I used a gluten free flour mix)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup filtered water
- Neutral oil
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or other sweetener of choice
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Start by preparing your batter by whisking flour, cornstarch and salt to combine. Slowly stream in water while you whisk until a batter forms.
- Next, mix in pea shoots, scallions, shallots and zucchini and stir to combine. The mixture should be mostly vegetables, do your best to make sure each vegetable piece is coated.
- Heat a skillet or pan on medium heat and add enough oil to coat. Once sizzling, add about 1/3 or 1/2 cup batter to the pan and use a spatula to quickly spread the batter as thin as possible. Let cook for about 3 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface and a nice golden crust has formed. Flip, and repeat on the other side. Season with salt, set aside and repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, slice into bite sized pieces or triangles, whisk together dipping sauce ingredients and enjoy!