Yield: approximately 2 trays of chocolate covered greens
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cup sunflower microgreens (⅓ Fieldhouse grow tray)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (whichever you prefer)
- Flakey sea salt
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to a microwavable bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted. Option to use a double boiler.
- Once chocolate is melted, line 1-2 sheet pans with wax/parchment paper and begin dipping the sunflower microgreens.
- Grasping seedlings by the stem, gently dip and coat the sunflower leaves in chocolate, then transfer them to the sheet pan to cool.
- Once all of the greens have been sufficiently coated and are lined up on your sheet pan, sprinkle them with flakey sea salt (before the chocolate cools so the salt can stick).
- Place sheet pans with the dipped sunnies in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool and enjoy!